Welcome to the Myth of the 20th Century. The podcast airs on Fridays.
— Brought to you by —
Nick Mason, Alex Nicholson, and Hans Lander
Propaganda: the message communicated to achieve a political agenda, often by misinformation and misdirection. Taught in American high schools as something the enemy does or only used during great wars of distant past – today we re-examine the extent to which propaganda permeates American society to this day, and it really means to be ruled by decree, versus by (manufactured) consent.
– Democracy in America, Tocqueville (1835)
– Culture of Critique, MacDonald (1998)
– Century of the Self, Curtis (2002)
– Nudge, Sunstein and Thaler (2009)
– The Righteous Mind, Haidt (2013)
– Is It Propaganda Or Not? (2016) – http://www.propornot.com/p/the-list.html
– Edward Bernays – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays
– Sigmund Freud – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud