Weimerica Weekly – Episode 63 – The Dating Wasteland

Welcome to Weimerica Weekly Episode 63. The podcast airs every Tuesday.

This week’s podcast is about the dating marketplace in Weimerica.

Weimerica Weekly is a podcast hosted by Ryan Landry that touches on the cultural, political and sexual topics that fill the mindspace of our United States of Weimerica. The politicization of all cultural and social degeneracy is examined with a focus on how it fits together.

Weimerica Weekly is produced by the Hestia Society and distributed by Social Matter.

Related Show Links:

Thanks to G.W. Rees for the introduction and outro music. G.W. Rees’ music can be found here on Soundcloud, Youtube, Facebook, Flickr and Instagram.

Sponsorship:

If you are interested in sponsoring Weimerica Weekly, e-mail Ryan Landry at Mrossi34228 at gmail dot com. Sponsorships start at $10 an episode, and all proceeds will either go back into the podcast or provide some compensation for your most grateful host.

Weimerica Weekly

Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below

Liked it? Take a second to support Social Matter on Patreon!

16 Comments

1. Tech comments:
    Screaming baby in the background is really distracting (but congrats).

Need some level balancing in the audio: intro music is really loud relative to your audio and the guests audio is lower than yours.

1. I’m sorry to report I hate the intro music, mostly because it hurts my ears. However, since I can usually skip past it, it’s not intolerable.

Come to think of it, what would be suitable Weimerican music? Elegiac piano? Miley Cyrus? Hava nagila?

1. Shitty, indulgent (am I being redundant?) Bob Dylan music, like Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 (Everybody Must Get Stoned.)

2. As soon as I have some free time, I’ll be switching the intro music.

2. Good episode, though I really don’t know what’s left to say on this that hasn’t been said a million times before. Modern urban 20-something dating is a horroshow, and I sympathize with people caught in the middle of it. If you’re not put off by the decadence/hedonism on the one hand, then the selfishness/callousness is likely to blackpill you. And that’s assuming you successfully avoid the people who are just straight-up psychotic or doctrinaire shitlibs.

But obviously we all desperately want positive connections to other people, so you just have to do the best you can. Good luck to everyone trying to navigate this quagmire, and don’t discount the idea of moving out of overscaled urban hellholes to try to find better prospects (doesn’t mean you have to go to Bumblefuck Arkansas, there is a happy medium).

1. “though I really don’t know what’s left to say on this that hasn’t been said a million times before.”

Yeah, this. For anyone who’s been woke for more than a few years, it’s getting tiresome. Even Roosh V has basically closed the door on his own legacy as a “cool pick up artist getting all the chicks bro” and gone full imam instead. The time for self-help and PUA is over. The time for iron has come.

1. Chiraqi Insurgent March 21, 2017 at 9:44 pm

LOL-ed at “full imam”. This is a good sign that hedonism is becoming tiresome, but we haven’t yet reached peak degeneracy.

1. It is / has become boring. Really. Prediction: men and women may someday return to measuring their prowess not by the quantity but by the quality and depth of their relationships as a social signifier. Call me a romantic. Or just short IAC stock.

2. EmanuelNoriega March 28, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Roosh’s “development”…

Trading in pick up artistry in an attempt to tell themselves that all they ever wanted was to land a “trad wife.” This seems like the pathway for narcissistically oriented males.

They could never really create a long term relationship so they adopted PUA. Now they are hitting their own wall and unconsciously panicking at how little they have to offer a partner. They are adopting a sour grapes mentality choosing to adopt a worldview that doubles down on protecting their ego rather than see things for what they are.

3. My wife and I just celebrated our 27th Anniversary. I listen to this stuff and see dating talked about online and I so glad I’m not a 20 something today.
    I graduated HS in 1984 in a small New England town.
    There were no pregnant girls at my HS.
    Most of us had mothers at home and came from intact families.
    It was still a somewhat shameful thing if a girl got pregnant.
    My main HS girlfriend was saving herself for marriage.
    My wife had a very controlling father and she wasn’t allowed to date. I became a Christian and we met in church. She was a virgin. We were married at 22 and had a bunch of kids.
    I guess I say all that to show how far we’ve culturally fallen over a few decades.

4. Heroin not in the South? You must mean deep South, because WV, KY, VA are all lit up with junkies. I know that Maine and Vermont are in the midst of a heroin epidemic, but I’m from the Paris of Appalachia and I knew guys who were snorting oxys 20 years ago. My high school was littered with junkies and I graduated HS in 1998. Heroin continues to be a problem here, but all the naive guys who hurt their backs, got oxys, ran out of oxys, and moved to heroin are long-since dead. Its been well known here for at least a decade that you only get a F with oxys if you want to end up a junkie. This started in the Rust Belt/Appalachia, not out west, and it certainly isn’t anything new…

5. andrea ostrov letania March 21, 2017 at 11:22 pm

Progressive Immigration calls for Mass Migration of Enterprising Peoples to Poor Nations, Not to Rich Ones
    We are told that immigrants are a blessing for the national economy.

In that case, progressive immigration should be like progressive taxation.

Now, under progressive taxation, the lower classes pay little or nothing and instead receive much of the revenues.

Likewise, under progressive immigration, poor nations should receive most of the blessing of immigration.

We are told that more immigration will lead to more economic growth because immigrants are so hardworking, intelligent, motivated, and enterprising. They are wonders for any national economy.
    Well, rich nations don’t deserve such blessings since they are rich already. Why should they take in immigrants to make their big economies even bigger?
    After all, the worst teams in sports get the first draft picks since best teams got the best players.
    It makes no sense to send more great players to an already great team.

So, progressive immigration should bless the poorest nations with mass immigration. And since immigrants claim to be ‘progressive’ and ‘leftist’, they should want to help the poor than the rich. If immigrants say they want to go to nations that are already rich and help grow the economies, that’d be like helping the rich to become even richer. We don’t want that.
    We want all that immigrant energy and ingenuity to be used to help poor nations develop into richer ones.

So, I think progressive immigration should be about sending most immigrants to the poorest nations where the new arrivals will use their skills and energy to grow their economies there. Why help rich nations grow richer? Why not help poor nations grow rich too?

So, send all the Mexicans, Chinese, Indians, Arabs, and Africans to the poorest nations on Earth. Now, that is truly progressive in blessing the poorest nations with human capital of talent, spirit, and industry that will do wonders for the economies.

And if the would-be immigrants are already in poor nations, they should summon their great spirit, intelligence, and skills to build their OWN economies. They should help expand the economy in their poor nations than go to rich nations to make the already rich even richer.

6. andrea ostrov letania March 21, 2017 at 11:25 pm

White people need to move away from Cold Dating.

Cold Dating is like Cold Calling. You don’t know what the other person is about when you meet him or her.

What white people need is a culture and community. And people who share in the culture and community should seek dates and mates with shared values, loyalties, and identities.

Atomization of love had led to the wasteland.

Love and sex and family need to happen with a cultural context with rules of courtship and relationship and marriage.

So, love must be part of something bigger.

Church used to play such a role. It brought together people of shared values and ideas.

But we have gone secular. Then, white people need national and cultural communities and with rituals and rites.

7. Practicallyperfect March 29, 2017 at 7:31 am

Why don’t you interview an Alt Right woman? I know of one who is experiencing a lack of marriage minded men in the Alt Right.

1. Practicallyperfect March 29, 2017 at 7:49 am

I know two young women who have been vetted you could interview. I think it is important to hear the disconnect that is happening in the red pilled world. Contact me it you’d like.

Comments are closed.